[Stoves] Gas-bottle TLUDs Re: Wood gas cook stoves

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:56:24 CST 2012

[Default] On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:07:31 -0600,Paul Anderson
<psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:

>I have only done a few simple experiments to make TLUD gasifiers in  old
>gas bottles.   (I mainly work with sheet metal and many tin cans in the
>prototypes.)   But other Stovers have done some. Especially (sorry I
>forgot his name) in Texas who cooks regularly with TLUDs at his home.
>
>To all:   Please do not overlook the metal containers for small propane
>bottles and for covers of oil filters.

Many gas bottles remain the property of the supplier in UK.

I find we discard fire extinguishers because the cost of a refill and
annual test often exceeds the cost of a new fire extinguisher.

They also come apart safely and easily. One drawback is they have a
resin lining which burns off with an acrid odour for the first burn.

AJH