[Stoves] rice hull biochar and mustard greens

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Tue Nov 27 18:20:14 CST 2012

Dr. Reg Preston did another study with rice hull biochar from my gasifier.
He applied 5 kg of rice hull biochar per m2 to a plot of mustard greens.
To a second plot of mustard greens he applied no biochar.
This second plot received the same water, fertilizer and management as the
first.
The plot with biochar had a yield 4 times greater than the plot without
biochar.

With cattle we see a 25% increase in growth.
With mustard greens we see a 400% increase in growth.
Rice hull biochar produced in a top-lit updraft gasifier appears to be
quite valuable.

Thanks.
--
Paul A. Olivier PhD