[Stoves] rice hull biochar and mustard greens

Cecil Cook cec1863 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:25:45 CST 2012

Dear Paul Oliver,

What do you think is going on to produce such a tremdous improvement in the
productivity of the biochar boosted plots?

Are we sure the soil, water conditions, and cultivation regimes were
otherwise identical save for the addition of 5 kg of rice hull biochar per
m2 to the experimental plot?

I did not understand the 25% weight gain for cattle.  Is that because they
are feeding of biochar boosted pasture?

If these results are factual and can be replicated both in Vietnam and
elsewhere in the world, maybe rice hull biochar provides exactly what the
soil in that area of Vietnam needs to improve its fertility.

What is the soil like where this test was carried out? Hopefully the
researcher has done baseline and post biochar soil ferility tests.
**
In service,

Cecil Cook
South Africa