[Stoves] Fwd: [biochar] Used Tractors ...biochar on homestead

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 05:04:12 CDT 2012

Thanks Ron for this forward. Very informative.

Dear Su Ba

This is the second (different) positive-response use I have heard for undifferentiated stove char. As a water averaging soil ingredient it makes perfect sense. It is why we always used puffed (popped) vermiculite.

The other application is for purification of water which can use the small amounts produced by stoves.  The char is treated with a nanosilver particle solution and becomes biologically active (kills bacteria). Lloyd Helferty connected me to a guy in the UK who knows how to do this.

Su Ba and biochar list  (and adding "stoves")

    I am impressed.   Thanks for the (very complete) report.  Very nice to hear there were no problems.

    Could you describe a bit more technical details about your TLUDS?  First use when?    Homemade?    Presumably made of tin cans?  Sizes?  Any insulation?  Any  preheating of any air?  If controlling primary air - how?  How many uses before wearing/burning out?  Etc.

Ron

  _____