[Stoves] Very small stoves and reheating food

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 01:24:34 CDT 2012

Dear Friends

Very small fires for warming food (in developing countries) are often made
using charcoal. A Senegalese night guard's tea making stove is a good
example. Food warming can be done using waste charcoal. A samovar uses
charcoal because it is indoors. The Sarai stove uses about 100 g of
processed charcoal dust. There seems to be consumer and market agreement
that this works.

[Joyce]

I lived in a tropical country and had an employer-provided fridge and
freezer but no electricity for about six months. (I did store food supplies
in both, as they kept insects out of the cornflakes etc.)  Since I was
working as well as my husband, I got into the