[Stoves] Vietnamese brick kilns

Marc Pare mpare at gatech.edu
Mon Oct 22 02:44:45 CDT 2012

> I suspect it is worth looking at the ash and char content to see if there
is not a mistake being made relative to the application of the Siegert
constants.

> That will affect the final number and are rooted in the chemical
composition of the fuel, which has of course changed.

If I plug in the values for coal or coke, I'm still within 10% of my
calculated losses. So, for now, I don't think accounting for the changing
Siegert constant (and changing CO2 max) would influence the conclusions for
my particular case  (massive stack losses because of excess air).

I pasted the Seigert constants table at the bottom of the email if anyone
is curious about its variation for different fuels.

That said, I'm really curious anyway!

I've been snooping around for someone to do ultimate and proximate analysis
for me around Vietnam. This experiment may help convince someone to let me
borrow the equipment.

> You are doing very good work with nearly nothing backing you.****

Thanks for the compliment. It's been fun seeing how far we can get with a
lean team. I wouldn't run every project on such constrained resources in
the future, but it seems to have been a good stimulus for cost-cutting
design discipline as well as a nice way filter for partners (since you can
only sell your ideas and work and not your $$)

[image: Inline image 1]

Marc Paré
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology | Université de Technologie de Compiègne

my cv, etc. | http://notwandering.com