[Stoves] Very small stoves and reheating food

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:29:01 CDT 2012

Crispin and Alex and all,

Successful "dribble" or "trickle" feeding at very low cost will be a
great addition to small stove technology.

Of course gravity is the least expensive.   But "assisted gravity" might
be relatively low cost.   I am thinking of a small tapper or vibrator
that can be set to giggle the fuel chamber periodically or when some
sensor sends a signal.

Alternatively there could be some shape of rod that is inside the fuel
chamber.  There are many ways to giggle/wiggle/twist/tap/lift/drop to
have minor movement of the rod to assure the gravity flow of the fuel in
the hopper.

Alex is doing it the right way:   Start with uniform fuels like pellets
or quality (screened) wood chips.   When a method works there, then
start looking at the more difficult fuels to make flow.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com