[Stoves] Heat / cook stove - proposed design

Darren mail at vegburner.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 20:06:39 CDT 2012

Hello Richard.

Yes I'm using an air feed from below the grate.  The hopper lid was
designed to be air tight.  Its made of heavy steel plate welded onto
some thinner metal strap that is on edge, this closes down onto some
asbestos rope that is sat in a channel.

I'm not sure if it is completely airtight.  When I was burning wood chip
in the stove I noticed, once, that the fire had spread up into the
hopper.  I guess time will tell.  I have been considering fitting some
kind of latch to pull the lid down tight onto the rope.  I've done this
to the front door since I took this picture during the first test burn
in January.