[Stoves] Why TLUDs are not mass produced

Paal Wendelbo paaw at online.no
Thu Oct 25 04:11:53 CDT 2012

Dear Paul and stovers.

When I started my work with the Peko Pe (PP) 20 years ago the name TLUD was not on the table. I called it the Multifuel Combustion System (MFCS) with an energy unit (the PP) just to put into a stove.

I am still of that opinion that TLUD is not a stove, it is a designed simple container which can control the combustion of the fuel and give household energy without smoke and soot. 2 energy units will give 2 blaze, 3 units will give 3 blaze or 3units togehet for big pots.  It is pre-adjusted for time of burning and pre adjusted for high efficiency for fast cooking and low efficiency for simmering. For boiling un-soaked beans you probably need more time, the pot stands on the stove and you can easy replace it, empty it for biochar, and refill it ready for use. No hopper and no feeder needed. For bigger pans on institutional kitchen you need bigger units and start with 3 units for 60 liters pan, when it start boiling you need only one unit for continue the boil or it will continue boiling from the glowing if you don’t want to take care of the biochar. That’s the switch 3 to one for saving fuel.

That’s what your horizontal Champion TLUD-ND also can do; the vertical energy unit will give a lower stove and the pot close to the gowing heat, but is a bit secret until I find someone interested and find money to test it.

All my energy units is designed for production by local tinsmiths, which have had this job for 100reds of years and they should not lose their jobs. Mass-production will create more unemployment, but a kind of pre-stamped semi product for assembling by local tinsmiths can do if more units are needed. Ther is a production going on in Zambia by a mechancal workshop  and also by local tismiths.

If you with your authority as Dr. TLUD agree with this point of view, can tell ETOS and GACC about it, it will probably change the discussion a bit. Another thing: The energy unit and the fuel have to be seen as one unit regarding Carbon –credits.

With regards Paal W paaw at online.no