[Stoves] Plans and actions wedgies presses and invite to Guatemala

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 06:40:57 CDT 2012

Dear Richard

I am not disputing the ease with which one can fill and balance the multiple cavities, the same holds for bricks however...

The water has to be added and then removed both of which require work. If you can avoid it, do so.

The suggestion was to make a sort of pie-shaped briquette. As there is a 'parallelism' involved, it means the pressure in each briquette is additive. If there were 6, it would take 6 times the total pressure of one.

Putting them in series as a stack would require the same pressure as 1 but make six at a time, using 6 times the stroke distance. It is much cheaper to build for a long stroike than additional pressure.

As they are in a line, the need to fill thenm equally does not arise.