[Stoves] Re powering a TLUD

Steve Taylor steve at thetaylorfamily.org.uk
Sun Sep 2 09:11:12 CDT 2012

On 2 September 2012 14:32, <ajheggie at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm glad you've popped up Steve, did you ever get to see if it was
> possible to make a Seebeck/Peltier junction by laying down a mig weld
> using dissimilar metals?
>
> Again my reasoning is that a metal junction pile will be robust and
> whilst a factor of ten worse in converting heat flux to electricity
> there isn't much thermal cost.

I tried a junction between capacitor discharge welded bits: the junctions
are sturdy enough, and generate, even with stainless 304 against ni-chrome
-  but I haven't got the time to take it any further. I was aiming to do it
with gear you can find anywhere, and bits of stainless and bits of heating
element seemed a good idea.

Steve