[Stoves] Re powering a TLUD

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 14:56:54 CDT 2012

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 15:11:12 +0100, Steve Taylor wrote:

>I tried a junction between capacitor discharge welded bits: the junctions
>are sturdy enough, and generate, even with stainless 304 against ni-chrome
>-  but I haven't got the time to take it any further. I was aiming to do it
>with gear you can find anywhere, and bits of stainless and bits of heating
>element seemed a good idea.

I agree about using commonly available metal and stainless 304 can be
had in strips, I only see nichrome as wire, which would mean a point
junction. It should make no difference to voltage but for current  it
would be better to have strips welded into a linear joint wouldn't it?
there also needs to be some  means of keeping the hot and cold parts
thermally isolated apart from the conductors.

Can a capacitor discharge weld two strips together?

Can you remember the voltage you produced and what hot and cold
temperatures?

AJH