[Stoves] Sterno stove with many advanced features

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:09:14 CDT 2012

Dear Crispin,
you are quite right about the lessons from the past. Some of them are
billions of years old. I cite here the example of the methanogenic archaea.
They have ability to extract oxygen from their substrate, so that they can
convert sulphate into sulphide, nitrate into ammonia etc. One of the
fantastic things that they can do is to convert carbohydrates having
relatively low calorific value into hydrocarbons, having very high
calorific value. Is anybody working on emulating these organisms to produce
hydrocarbon fuels from abundently available carbohydrate like cellulose?
Yours
A.D.Karve

--
***