[Stoves] Sterno stove with many advanced features

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:46:39 CDT 2012

Dear Friends

There is an interesting design for a stove available from
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/2877759.pdf

It is a stove designed by Albert J Giese of Denver Colorado in 1954
(patented 1955).

It is remarkably 'modern' in that it has a pot skirt, preheated secondary
air, a 'snuffer', and the ability to burn gel fuels, and it you leave out
the fuel container, wood or charcoal or pellets. I understand that is packs
into itself to a certain extent. It is probably much smaller than might be
expected looking at the drawings. I think the fuel container is about 90mm
in diameter.

There are several design elements common to the ND-TLUD's, the POCA, the
Peko Pe, Paul Olivier's fan+TLUD and the Envirofit (their charcoal stove).

As people keep reinventing the same general layout, perhaps there are
lessons from the past that we should not forget easily.