[Stoves] The Art of Using Grass Bundles in TLUD Stoves

Alex English english at kingston.net
Fri Apr 5 18:16:45 CDT 2013

Julien,
Good question; Does anybody have a World Stove?

Sticking with TLUDs or Steming with TLUDs, you can pack grass into a
small can with your thumbs to an equal density that a tractor can pack
it into a bale. When I did,  I was unable to top lite it. That was with
leafy grass hay, very different from the stems that were shown in the
Peko Pe video were almost 'twig' like. It would be interesting to have
density numbers for the bundle. Plenty of opportunity for trial and terror.

The lowest temperature that I have managed with in the center of the
descending pyrolysis zone is 480C. That was with wood pellets in a 12
inch diameter chamber. The primary air  would have entered through a
~1/4"-3/8" hole ( +/- memory) . It would have been lit at start up and
for a few minutes with a much larger hole.

Good luck with your tests, and finding a warm day:)

Alex