[Stoves] Alternative to charcoal

Jonathan P Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Mon Apr 8 16:40:11 CDT 2013

Paul et al:

I hope more people will consider alternatives to wood biomass as fuel.  Combusted wood does not sequester carbon, but simply returns it to the atmosphere from whence it came.

Question:  What is the value of charcoal?   Is it more valuable as a soil amendment for increasing crop yield or as a fuel?

Question:  Can we put a value on sequestering a stable form of carbon that will remain sequestered for many times longer than carbon in biomass?

That is, we have to try to include the entire system in our evaluation, not simply selected bits.

Jock