[Stoves] Burner of TLUD char Re: Alternative to charcoal

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 8 22:01:37 CDT 2013

Dear Crispin, who wrote:
> I tested recently a TLUD pellet burner that by opening a small door,
> burns the charcoal afterwards. The gas flame was not as controllable
> as the charcoal one but that is a quibble. There was no need to
> transfer anything, it was just a sequential burner. The market price
> is $5.50 and the production cost is $2.20 or so. That is with a metal
> shell. With a clay shell it would be about $1.40 to make. I think that
> is cheap. I will process the test results to see what the performance
> in numbers was like.
We look forward to the performance results AND to seeing the details of
the stove.   There are TWO aspects to examine.   One is the TLUD
function.   The other is the char-burning function. Promising new stove
designs need to be seen by many and need to be tested by several.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com