[Stoves] More on the Alternatives to Charcoal.

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 20:50:37 CDT 2013

Dear Paul

This is exactly the sort of example that makes a convincing case in board
rooms where at present, there is little convincing evidence of an attractive
economic proposition.

".But pelletizing makes transport so much easier, and pelletizing becomes
essential when long, uninterrupted batch cycles are needed. In one
commercial setting in Saigon, ten of my small gasifiers were set up in a
single paint drying facility. The reactors are loaded with rice hull
pellets, and the batch cycle in this case lasts for more than five hours.
The factory is now in a position to sell rice hull biochar to local farmers
at a higher price than the pellets from which the biochar was derived. No
more bottled gas is used in this facility. The owner of this factory just
bought a small pellet machine and will start making his own rice hull
pellets. He will soon become an important producer of rice hull biochar, and
the gas he needs to fuel his paint-drying facility is for free."

Many thanks for this report. If you could link to some photos we can share
this further.