[Stoves] Charcoal users in the world

Otto Formo terra-matricula at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 13:50:50 CDT 2013

Dear Xavier,
The most certain  fact:Too many are using chardoal to day in developing countries and close to 85 % of the African population rely on wooden biomass as fuel, firewood or charcoal.
Statistics in that sense, which is which, firewood  or charcoal, is not very relyable, because this is very much linked to the informal sector and the "hidden" marked.
One thing you can be certain of, is that you need around 10 kg of wood to make 1 kilogram of charcoal.In a traditional kiln you will get around 100 kg of charcoal of of one tonne of wood, FAO Nairobi 1986.
Have you considered to test out ND gasifiers in your Prakti-lab?
Otto