[Stoves] FW: REQUEST for complete sets of raw dataof cookstove tests.

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Mon Apr 22 19:58:02 CDT 2013

Dear Ron

1: Would you agree with the following statements?
a: A "Stove" is a device with the primary purpose of heating and/or cooking.
b: A "Retort" is a device with the primary purpose of producing char and pyrolysis gases
c: A "Gasifier" is a device with the primary purpose of converting a solid fuel into a fuel gas.
d: A "Mixed Function system" (such as a TLUD) is a device that provides both a heating and/or cooking function plus residual char.

2: If you agree with those basic definitions, would you not agree that a device attempting to do "2 jobs in one" cannot do either job as efficiently or effectively as if the device was designed to do "one job the best?"

3: Would you agree that the Customer who buys the "device" should have the benefit of "true science based  tests" that are repeatable by others?

4: Would you agree that the Customer is the one who decided whether or not he should purchase a "mixed feature device" that produces char, but requires more fuel input, in contrast to a Stove that requires less fuel input for the same cooking and/or heating effect?

5: Would you agree that the testing protocols for the above "devices" should be such that the Customer should be able to compare the various devices and then select the "device" that best meets his wishes?

Kevin Chisholm