[Stoves] FW: REQUEST for complete sets of raw dataof cookstove tests.

Jock Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Mon Apr 22 20:34:44 CDT 2013

Kevin,

If one type of device [technology] requires champagne fuel, stick wood for example, but another device can use 'waste', should that not be accounted for?  If one device type promotes deforestation by consuming stick wood, but another technology reduces the risk of deforestation, should that not be in the plus column for the technology that reduces the risks of deforestation?

Using twice a much champagne fuel is, of course, a real problem.  But using twice as much previously discarded waste as feedstock is a real plus. ESP. If we factor in the economic value of increased crops - which pure combustion devices can not offer.

Not all units on your list use the same fuels or are limited to a narrow range of fuels.  How do we Give credit to TLUDs that can use a wide range of fuels, not just stick wood, which is a prime example of a champaign fuel?

Do we not have to use systems thinking approaches that take ALL of the factors in the whole system into consideration, not merely some arbitrarily selected sub-set?

It is not good science to arbitrarily select some sub-set of factors to tilt the outcome in favor of one particular technology.  Frankly, combustion got us into the mess we are in and is unlikely to get us  out.   Pyrolysis might help  get us out of the environmental mess we are in,  but this is not a certainty.

Happy Earth Day!

Curious.

Jock Gill
P.O. Box 3