[Stoves] Suggested calculations

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Wed Apr 24 16:29:19 CDT 2013

Dear Otto,

In the little example below I was using actual Carbon values determined in a
lab for the calculations. So to me it doesn't matter to the moisture, if
something went wrong or the ash content because all I am following is the
Carbon. When calculated back to the tree (or dung, grasses, etc) we need to
know the carbon in percent of as-Received material (wet weight) to calculate
the mass of biomass or footprint needed for each task.

When a tree is cut and used it all gets used no matter what. We just need to
determine where it is used and what it did. During its use, I'm thinking, in
each BOX there can be an improvement and that improvement just moves more
carbon down the line to be used somewhere else. If a decision is made to
flame off into the air for no purpose (task)  the Carbon  / Task ratio looks
very bad using BOX 1 and BOX 6.

Something like that.

Thanks for reading and comment.

Regarding