[Stoves] Gathering data on TLUD stoves was Re: Last? Alternative to Charcoal

Robert Fairchild solarbobky at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 11:43:48 CDT 2013

I was looking at this stove while this email was coming in:
http://arti-africa.org/2010/07/sampada-gasification-stove/
"Having
 an outer body of stainless steel, the stove has a fuel holder made of
mild steel. Products such as wood chips, pellets, biomass briquettes,
small twigs and wood chunks are used for producing the fuel required for
 cooking. Moreover, after cooking is complete, charcoal is left behind
in the fuel holder as a by-product. For instance, on burning 1 kg of
wood leaves, around 250-300 g of charcoal would be produced."

Wouldn't
 it last a lot longer (and be cheaper) to uses stainless for the fuel
holder and mild steel for the outer? (But it wouldn't be as shiny!)

 Bob