[Stoves] Gathering data on TLUD stoves was Re: Last? Alternative to Charcoal

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 27 11:25:10 CDT 2013

Dear AD,

Below is the data for your stove.   It is GREAT for our discussions.

1.  Making a PROFIT from the charcoal means that the fuel is actually
better than free!!!!   As long as the fuel supply is sustainable, this
is BETTER THAN any consideration of fuel efficiency or energy efficiency.

2.  The emission of
> CO = 8.1 gm
> Particulate Matter = 69 mg
may or may not be excellent.   We do not know how to interpret those
number when the cooking task was only stated as
> Emission Results    (for cooking 2.5 lit of food)
You can help interpret that, but until we have some uniform way of
reporting and comparing, we only have non-comparable numbers. That is a
big part of OUR problem (Our meaning all of us.)

Perhaps the agency that did the testing can help interpret the result.
It that cooking task something standardized in India?

Thank you for your data of results.   It is not the same as providing
the RAW data as collected, but it is progress.

Is there some Stover or Biochar Buff who would like to undertake
compiling the results from TLUD stoves?

*Details in brief*

>   * Stainless steel outer body, mild steel fuel chamber
>   * Fuel: Wood chips, pellets, biomass briquettes, small twigs, wood
>     chunks, etc.
>   * Charcoal produced as a by-product
>
> *Features of Sampada Stove*
>
> Source of Additional income
>
> After cooking, charcoal is left behind in fuel holder. Burning 1 kg of
> wood, leaves 200 g of charcoal.
> Cost of fuel wood (1 kg) = INR 2
> Value of charcoal by-product (200 gm) = INR 3
> Hence, profit earned / kg used fuel = INR 1
> A clean cooking device
> Emission Results
> (for cooking 2.5 lit of food)
> 	CO = 8.1 gm
> Particulate Matter = 69 mg
>
> *MRP of Sampada (packaging and transport extra): INR 2150 (USD 43)*

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com