[Stoves] Truth in stove reports Re: FW: REQUEST for complete sets of raw data of cookstove tests.

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Apr 28 08:31:43 CDT 2013

Frank and all,

I respectfully disagree.   If we present no data from the lab tests and
there are none, (or few, and fewer that are comparable to each other)
from testing in the field, then we have zero data about the stoves.

Who are we trying to serve?   Who are we trying to protect?

Let's get some data that can be used.   So far, the Jetter data from EPA
(final figures, not raw data sets) is the most cited and respected.
There have been other comparisons by Aprovecho and one done at CSU that
should not be forgotten.  The comparative graph that I made several
years ago used Aprovecho data plus the initial results of TLUD testing.

We all sit waiting for the release of the next set of results from EPA
(Jim said the results should be out in about September.)

At Aprovecho Stove Camp this year (22 - 26 July, with co-leader Dr
TLUD), we will be getting some additional results that should give
interesting comparisons.   Soon I will post to the Stoves Listserv some
notes on the testing, so that Frank and Dale and Crispin and Tami and
all others can comment and refine what will be done. And I hope that
many of you will be able to attend.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072