[Stoves] TLUD advances -- Two more uses of char

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 13:22:59 CDT 2013

[Default] On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 11:01:25 -0500,Paul Anderson
<psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:

>The char will
>not pyrolyze and will not burn (char-gasify or oxidize) as the pyrolysis
>front moves downward through that biomass fuel.

Yes it can burn, Ronal and I were trying to burn bitumous coal which
is difficult to start without smoke, I found that if it were mixed
with the coke from a previous burn it enabled the fire to be smoke
free earlier. Over a number of iterations the coal ended up as firm
pieces of ash.

AJH