[Stoves] TLUD advances -- Two more uses of char

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 15:28:09 CDT 2013

[Default] On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:52:37 -0600,Ron
<rongretlarson at comcast.net> wrote:

>   I have to confess remembering the occasion but no details.  Too long ago.  Was it clearly a TLUD geometry you recall?

Yes it was definitely what we then knew as IDD, our fish supper got
cold while we played with it.

As you note with very dry wood the evolution of offgas keeps any air
away from the nascent char, this would not be the case if the char was
not protected by offgas from nearby wood. Bear in mind char only needs
to be at 200C ish to dissociate oxygen on its surface and this is
below the 500C + we see in TLUD burns.

AJH