[Stoves] Truth in stove reports Re: FW: REQUEST for complete sets of raw data of cookstove tests.

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Apr 29 17:13:03 CDT 2013

Frank and ccs

Thanks. No problems with the following. My concern was that you didn't believe the stove name should be released - and that seems not to be the case.

You don't address this below, but I think this list should ask if all 6 of your steps are now adequately covered by GACC, Jim Jetter, the WBT 4.2.1, and the other non-lab tests, that have many of the characterstics of 4.2.1 I think they are, with the possible exception of your step 5. I think time spent in tending to the stoves is an important stove variable and should fit there. I think from conversations with Jim that something new to report may be in the works there.

I also think that the stove developer should be able to specify or veto the fuel type (your 1 and 2). I don't know if that is always possible now. At a minimum Jm etal should announce in advance the types of fuels they can supply.

Last. I think I would prefer to see results for one stove use. Why 1000 people (or stoves? or families?)? Are you recommending for one day or one year. or?
You have emphasized fuel amounts (kg?) rather than energy efficiency. OK to do both?

Again, thanks.

Ron