[Stoves] Cajun Rocket Pot

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 14:28:39 CDT 2013

Dear Todd

I like the air blocking door. That is a very neat execution. We should use
that picture for training on stove design and ways to limit excess air.

If you are getting significant air flow through the secondary air ports it
shows it is able to truly restrict the primary flow.

>Think of the Survivor rocket stove as a 25% secondary air & 75% primary mix
hybrid designed rocket stove.

As that is not the ratio of air that is required in a true split combustion
device, it means that about 30% (or so) of the 75% is actually secondary air
that is passing by the fuel. I am not suggesting there is something wrong
with this, just that the actual split in terms of consumption is probably
not 25/75.

Do you have any excess air measurements (or O2 measurements) taken with a
combustion analyser between the stove and the outer edge of the pot? I am
interested in the EA value after combustion.

Thanks