[Stoves] more on ocean acidification

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 11:04:42 CDT 2013

Dear Paul O

Thanks for reminding us of the word 'deny'.  While it is usually used to try
to link the statements of CAGW-skeptical scientists to the skinheads who
deny the Jewish Holocaust, it is also frequently used, as you have, to cast
the opinion of others into a bin where 'denial' means 'rejecting the
obvious'.

For your edification I have already provided a link to an article by Steve
Burnett where he does the calculation to show that anthropogenic change to
the pH of the oceans is capped at pH -0.001. Claims (many of them, repeating
each other as a source) state that the pH of the oceans 'has changed from
8.2 to 8.1' (etc) and blamed AG CO2 for this change. As this is physically
impossible, and in the face of stark chemical realities, it seems the denial
is on the side of the acid-ocean alarmists this time.

We should make high school compulsory and free. It would save a lot of money
in the long run.

PS The link is here
<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/07/08/ocean-acidi-what/>

Crispin,

The term that the scientific community uses is "ocean acidification," and
this is a very real environmental problem that most people in the scientific
community do not deny.

Many thanks.

Paul Olivier