[Stoves] LannyPan cooking module and the TLC burner

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 10 15:10:56 CDT 2013

It does take a long time for dry wood to totally absorb water but 50 min is
not insignificant,  and concrete block soaks up water a lot faster.  I am
thinking that even the water on the surface of wood or even dry wood is a
problem for most top lit batch burners.

My point is that if you toss something wet or noncombustible in the burner,
it is so forgiving it just burns around it, or actually over the top of it,
and if you are outside cooking in the rain and your you dry wood gets a
little wet that is not a problem for my stove.

I had the camera turned off  when the concrete exploded, I wish I had
captured that.

Green wood is a problem, it stinks up the place and smuts the pot but it
will still burn fresh green wood after the fire heats up. Green wood
probably takes away more energy than it provides but it will burn fist size
chunks.

I will weigh the wood before and after soaking next time.

How much moisture content is the break even point?

Lanny