[Stoves] Specific heat capacity/ Stove preformance data

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 09:49:41 CDT 2013

Dear Lanny

The question of heat absorption by food was dealt with pretty comprehensively by the Eindhoven Stoves Group in the early 80's and I found the material on line (which means it was easy to find).

There are two considerations: the heat value you are looking for, and the heat that is literally absorbed (disappeared) by the chemical changes that take place when cooking (which is an endothermic process).

The heat numbers involved vary a lot between foods.

If you can't find it in a reasonable time ask Peter Verhaart who is a list member even if he is quiet. He wrote a lot of it.