[Stoves] Specific heat capacity/ Stove preformance data

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 12 08:53:06 CDT 2013

I am looking for stove performance data for institutional size charcoal and wood fired stoves, even if the testing methods are not perfect.
I can find information like "saves 50%" but I cant find data like it takes x amount of wood or charcoal to boil x amount of water, or x amount of fuel to cook and simmer beans.
I am especially interested the Prakti stoves so some data on these stove would be helpful.

There is one subject that I have not seen discussed on this list and that is the "specific heat capacity" of the different types of food being cooked.
The specific heat of beans and rice is about 1/3 that of water. That is the reason my stove, with its retained heat capabilities,  can cook and simmer 35 KG of beans for 2 hours with about the same amount of fuel that it takes to simply boil 35 Kg of water.
I apologize if I have just made the stove testing spreadsheet even more complicated than it already is!!
Lanny