[Stoves] This Stove can Save 4 big trees and $884 every year

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 13 09:32:08 CDT 2013

Crispin,

Are you saying that if insulated, and hot enough, that the pyrolysis
reactions will give sufficient H2 and O2 to combust (become simple
water) even into the center of very thick logs?

I will allow for some (but not massive fire) extra external heat to be
added as needed, because the NET heat of pyrolysis and this combustion
is endothermic (slightly).   I also allow some extra heat because the
biomass will not be totally dry so some heat is needed to bring up the
temperature of that inert H20.

Other issues:  What about all those other tars and oils and vapors that
are combustible but for which there is not sufficient Oxygen inside the
biomass molecules?   Are you expecting this to drain? Or to remain
inside the "char" that would be loaded with such "gunk"?    That would
be interesting char for burning, but not as biochar for soils and plants.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com