[Stoves] corn cobs and char?

Josh Kearns yeah.yeah.right.on at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 14:04:46 CDT 2013

What kind of data? We have used corn cobs in a 55-gal TLUD for making water
filter char.....

Cobs don't have a lot of energy-density, so they are not great for cooking.
Plus they are a little too big to work well in most TLUD cookstoves, which
need finer-grained feedstocks (e.g. pellets).

JK

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Ronal W. Larson <rongretlarson at comcast.net
> wrote:

>    Anyone have any data on using corn cobs in char-making stoves?  The
> supply would seem to be large and likely low cost..
>
> Ron

Josh Kearns
PhD Candidate, Environmental Engineering
University of Colorado-Boulder
Visiting Researcher, North Carolina State University

Director of Science
Aqueous Solutions
www.aqsolutions.org

Mobile: 720 989 3959