[Stoves] corn cobs and char?

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 13 14:09:52 CDT 2013

Ron,

We know from much experience that maize (corn) cobs are fine as a fuel
in TLUD stoves, and the char comes out very nicely.   The cobs can be
used whole and placed vertically in the TLUDs, and put some smaller
pieces on top for the starting.

Cob density is not high like wood, so the total energy released (over
time period) is less.   So perhaps the users will want slightly larger
fuel chambers.   Nice that cobs tend to be clean and not dusty and dried
in the field (or easily dried).

It will be good to hear maize cob stories from others.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com