[Stoves] Grass Gasification

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Aug 24 13:23:46 CDT 2013

Stovers,

I am forwarding a message from Paal Wendelbo this is quite informative
about pyrolysis of grass fuel in his Peko Pe.    It should apply to all
true TLUD stoves with full diameter access to the fuel chamber.

I now ask Paal:   Please discuss the "grasses".   There are so many
types.   Do your comments / experiences relate to certain types (such as
those with nice stiff stems, which species??) more than to other types
of wavy / leafy  grasses?

Also, the diameter of you stove is important to get 1/2 kg in a bundle
that is 20 cm tall.    Did you have stoves with different diameters?

Very important info you gave about difficulties when the grasses are
simply packed in (not in bundles of vertical stems).

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com