[Stoves] Use of rebars in cookstoves

Jonathan P Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Mon Aug 26 09:22:54 CDT 2013

AJ,

I concur with what you write.

 In my iCan ND TLUDs the primary air and draft are such that the pyrolysis self extinguishes and the process does not convert to a run away updraft gasifier.  Perhaps this is a design goal?  As for primary air, I start with too few and too small holes such that the pyrolysis fails before completion.  I then gradually increase the size of the holes and/or the number of holes, until the pyrolysis completes cleanly and still self-extinguishes.  And of course I am at the same time making adjustments to the secondary air as well as the draft, as all three must work together to get optimal results.

Regards,

Jock