[Stoves] Characteristics of biochar was Re: [biochar] grassifier & cedar chip char

Alex English english at kingston.net
Sat Feb 9 18:40:46 CST 2013

Crispin, Tom,
http://www.ithaka-journal.net/certificate/european-biochar-certificate-v4.2-final2012.pdf
This document  includes a lengthier discussion of PAHs in char,
including how some chars are used to bind them in soils, and that
current methods for testing are problematic.

We have test results from chars that could be called ' wood
gasification' char at levels below the 4mg/kg limit for 'premium biochar'.

The high PAH levels >1000mg/kg in wood gasification chars mentioned
below needs a further explanation of the production method. Wood
gasification is to vague.

Are there any PAH tests results for TLUD rice hull chars?

Alex