[Stoves] Characteristics of biochar was Re: [biochar] grassifier & cedar chip char

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 10 02:51:34 CST 2013

Tom and all,   (I added    Biochar listserv because it is as much or
more their topic than it is for Stoves.)

On 2/9/2013 7:29 PM, Tom Miles wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I haven't seen any complete TLUD char analyses. The Glaser groups
> seems to be making their gasification char in the Pyreg gasifier.

Do we have a list of what would be "complete TLUD char analyses"???
This would probably be an un-ending list for some people.

Please see the analyses of TLUD chars in the   "All Biochars Are Not
Created Equal"  paper of 2009 by McLaughlin et al.

And when the list gets defined. how long do we need to do the tests that
are rather conclusively shown to be non-issues?

And want does the International Biochar Initiative and the various
national and regional organizations think about the testing?   Are they
even reading these Listservs?   Leadership that does not participate is
not leadership.

Personally, I agree with Mark.   Biochar is Organic.   and let's get on
with the real work.

Paul