[Stoves] Energy content cow dung

rbtvl at aol.com rbtvl at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 02:13:09 CST 2013

Some of the Maasai burn cow dung in their three stone fires and now burn it in our stove and report it is okay and they use less just like the wood burning folks.  I want to do some analysis and need a reasonable estimate of energy per mass of some average dung.  Googling I got about 75% of the energy density in hard wood fuel. Please send me info or sources on this. Don't need to bore the whole list so use my email.  Thanks
Bob.  Maasai Stoves and Solar.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Tanzania.