[Stoves] Destroying combustion chambers after TLUD pyrolysis ends Re: Need experts advise on combustion chamber

Paal Wendelbo paaw at online.no
Tue Feb 12 03:26:35 CST 2013

If you want to emerge into the mystery of the TLUD principals it will be
better to make it simple than complicated. First of all start with the fuel.
What kind of fuel do you want to utilize?
What you need:
1.    The fuel (Woodchips, pellets, shells, straw, whatever…)
2.    A 3 liter tin with lid
3.    An awl and a metal cutter.
________
1.    Cut a 4” hole in the lid.
2.    Punch some holes in the bottom of the tin
3.    Punch some holes 1” up from the bottom on the side of the tin
4.    Punch some holes ½” down from the top of the tin.
5.    Fill up with fuel.
6.    Put on the lid with the 4” hole,
7.    Put the unit on something up from the ground to let the primary air
come in.
8.     Ignite on top.
9.    See what happen
If it don’t  work properly and is giving smoke, something is wrong and you
have to and start to find out why. There are more possibilities:
1.    Wrong type of fuel.
2.    Fuel incorrect organized.
3.    Wrong size of holes.
4.    Too many or too few holes.
5.    Holes incorrect placed
Change only one possibility at a time. Then you will obtain the knowledge
how the TLUDs works and you can start find out if fans are needed. The fact
this unit is hot both sides and bottom and will not last very long. You will
find out how to cower and how to obtain preheated 2nd air and how to arrange
the pot.
The aim is no smoke no soot and minimum one hour flame. If you need more
information you can mail me and surely Paul S.A
Best regards Paal W  paaw at online.no