[Stoves] Energy content cow dung

Alex English english at kingston.net
Wed Feb 13 05:54:16 CST 2013

There were some chaps from South American highlands at Ethos a few years
ago who were asking if a TLUD would work with Alpaca ( or related
critter) dung pellets. They lived above the tree line, high and dry.
There were about a dozen of us at the table including Paul, Christa and
the Biolite folks. Anybody know if they tried.

They would have another fuel problem, oxygen. Once in Yellowstone
National Park I couldn't lite at match or a gas stove. We had to drive
down into the Teton lowlands to make our meal. Still don't quite
understand what happened.

Alex