[Stoves] 7 kg of woods for boiling 142 liter

M. Nurhuda mnurhuda at ub.ac.id
Sat Feb 23 23:22:13 CST 2013

Dear Stovers,

Recently we have developed an institutional barrel cook stove with as much
as heat retention principle. The stove is my first trial on institutional
cookstove.

Yesterday, in strong windy condition and rather rainy, I did test outdoor
to know the performance of the stoves.

The result is, to boil (rolling) 142 liter of water, we need just 7 kg
woods plus kerosene for lighting fire. The pot diameter used in this trial
is 49.5 cm while its height is 79 cm. Even fire was frequently
extinguished due to rain and strong wind, the total time needed was 2
hours + 15 minutes.

Despite its high efficiency level, the design still needs improvement.
Check the image to see the stove.

Kind regards