[Stoves] Concentrators in ND TLUDs

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Feb 25 00:01:12 CST 2013

Martin,

It is a "what works best" approach.   There is substantial leeway, but
limits.   With a 6 or 7 inch fuel cylinder, the concentrator hole is
normally 3 inches.   2.5 to 3.5 seems fine.   But 2 or 4 inch diameters
do not work well.

As with so many TLUD topics, there are great opportunities for some
serious research about the concentrator.

I think that the "restraining" of the flow is NOT very important.   Take
off the top of my Quad or Champion TLUDs, and the fire does not
increase.   Instead, it "drifts" across the entire diameter.

Last day in Uganda on this trip.   I need to pack my 150 pound of
checked baggage, including many kilos of Jatropha seeds that I
pre-inspect before taking them to inspection by the USA agriculture
people at the airport.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072