[Stoves] combustion of char -- spontaneous and dangerous

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Mon Feb 25 13:30:55 CST 2013

Dear Crispin

I don't understand the graph...
1: What are the units of the vertical scale? (Is it Grams weight?)
2: The weight (?) gain is virtually instantaneous.

Presuming the vertical axis is the weight of the stove system and contents in grams, the instantaneous system weight gain would be 108,400 less 103,800 = 4,600 grams.

What could possibly explain such a large and instantaneous weight gain? Did someone simply put more wood or coal on the fire?

Best wishes,

Kevin