[Stoves] combustion of char -- spontaneous and dangerous

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:45:41 CST 2013

Dear Friends

Here is a mass profile, raw and smoothed with 21 point simple averaging
(minus 1000 to pull it down so you can see it).

There is a clear sustained increase in the mass after about 800 minutes
(readings are per 10 seconds). The jumping around in the middle of the night
is, I believe, wind on the chimney. I am quite prepared to believe that the
effect of wind might explain 100% of the change in the line, but it is worth
looking at the whole fuel composition issue just in case there is something
new to learn.