[Stoves] is this new?

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:18:52 CST 2013

Dear Marc

You raise an important point. This is the refresher:

>I am amazed at the penetration of the secondary air (50mm!) in this video:

Inline image 1

>I wonder is this arrangement could cut out the central air tube in the
JetCity Stoveworks Jatropha stove posted a few days ago?

>If so, then you could decrease the diameter of the stove and maintain the
same power (since now you've got fuel where you used to just have an empty
tube)

The point is that to have a higher power you need more fuel pyrolysing,
which usually means a larger diameter fuel bed. There is no reason that the
burner cannot be smaller in diameter than the fuel load. The importance of
getting the secondary air all the way to the centre is obvious. Part of that
is accomplished by not pushing in more air than you need, nor less.

If the gas volume as larger than the incoming secondary air, just extend the
vertical height of the tubular sections above the holes, or preheat the
secondary air more, or attach a post-pot chimney.