[Stoves] on ocean acidification

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Fri Jul 5 02:09:24 CDT 2013

AJH,

This is a stove issue, perhaps one of the most important. Our understanding
of climate change, global warming and ocean acidification will surely
influence how we go about designing stoves. Why focus only on issues
relating to human health? Why not design stoves that safeguard human health
as well as the health of our entire planet?

Thanks.
Paul Olivier

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM, <ajheggie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 23:21:20 -0600,Mark Bigland-Pritchard / Low Energy
> Design Ltd <mark at lowenergydesign.com> wrote:
>
> >I wouldn't normally want to post off-topic, but I think it is necessary
> >that an error be corrected before this thread is put to sleep.
>
> Mark I'm happy with your correction explaining pH. As we generally do
> use pH to denote acidity rather than hydrogen ions I think it is
> misleading to then say a 30% increase in hydrogen ion activity equates
> to a 30% change in acidity.
>
> I think change in ocean ecology due to this small change in pH is a
> very serious concern but please all of you take the discussion
> elsewhere and stick to stove issues.
>
> AJH

Paul A. Olivier PhD
26/5 Phu Dong Thien Vuong