[Stoves] on ocean acidification

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 01:47:03 CDT 2013

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 23:21:20 -0600,Mark Bigland-Pritchard / Low Energy
Design Ltd <mark at lowenergydesign.com> wrote:

>I wouldn't normally want to post off-topic, but I think it is necessary
>that an error be corrected before this thread is put to sleep.

Mark I'm happy with your correction explaining pH. As we generally do
use pH to denote acidity rather than hydrogen ions I think it is
misleading to then say a 30% increase in hydrogen ion activity equates
to a 30% change in acidity.

I think change in ocean ecology due to this small change in pH is a
very serious concern but please all of you take the discussion
elsewhere and stick to stove issues.

AJH